Birth Arts International doula training will challenge, encourage, equip, and inspire you. For example, you will gain knowledge and hands-on skills to support growing families.
Likewise, when you join me for a workshop you will begin a fulfilling career. I want you to make a positive impact in your community. Over the weekend we will go deeper than basic doula skills. For instance, I include times of story sharing, discussion, and journaling.
Firstly, recognizing that we all come from different backgrounds and experiences. We will respect those differences as we share and learn together. Secondly, being a doula is an expansive role and one that can lead to burn out. Therefore, self-care is so important. This begins with recognizing and honoring your own truths and beliefs about birth.
Above all, my classes are an open and honest environment. It is my goal to create an energy that contains respect and sacredness for everyone in the room. I want you to move forward in your doula career feeling grounded, supported, and ready to serve families.
After completing the interactive doula training with me, you will continue the doula certification process online with Birth Arts International and the support of Global Director, Demetria Clark at no additional cost.
Everyone is welcome to attend regardless of life experience. If you are healing from your own birth story, have a triumphant birth story, or no birth story at all. you belong.
Together we will embrace and support you as your journey continues to unravel.
Classes are taught in an intensive style and are offered for birth doula or postpartum doula certification paths.
- Lifetime Certification
- An exclusive online group for BAI students.
- Access to BAI Global Director, Demetria Clark.
- Autonomy to operate your doula business the way you want.
- New content is always being added to the E-learning classroom.
- Flexible schedule fits into your life
Learn more about each option
- Birth Doula Topics
- Comfort measures
- Physiological Birth Process
- Interventions and alternatives
- Roles of a birth doula
- Advocating effectively
- Rebozo & Peanut Ball Use
- Postpartum Doula Topics
- Rebozo support
- Postpartum Mood spectrum
- Roles of a postpartum doula
- Modeling communication
- Creating a care plan
- Supporting the family
- Access BAI’s online classroom
- Connect with BAI students and instructors from around the globe.
- Become certified (after additional assignments) at no extra charge.
- American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology recommend
- World Health Organization recommended
- Decreases the risk of cesarean section.
- Has been found to shorten labor.
- Parent-infant bonding increased
- Birth satisfaction increased
- Breast/Chest feeding is more successful
- Decreases risk for postpartum mood disorder
The first day of the weekend will be for Birth Doulas and the second day for Postpartum Doulas. You may enroll in one or both.
Most classes are from 9:30am-6pm
Weston, Florida (Miami / Ft Lauderdale) – April 13 & 14, 2019 – Birth Postpartum Doula Intensive –Register Now
Indianapolis, Indiana – April 6-7, 2019 – Birth & Postpartum Doula Intensive – Register Now via Square secure checkout.
Augusta, Georgia – April 27th, 2019 – Postpartum Doula Intensive –Register Now via Square secure checkout.
Austin, Texas – TBA, 2019 – Birth Doula Intensive – Contact me to be notified when a date is announced.
Do you want a doula training in your area? Contact me to set it up or connect you with a BAI trainer in your area.