Birth Arts International will challenge, encourage, equip, and inspire you with knowledge and hands-on skills to support growing families.
In my time sharing with you, we will go deeper than basic skills and include times of story sharing, questioning ourselves, and moving in a direction of growth and community building. First, recognizing that we all come from different backgrounds and experiences and respecting those differences as we share and learn together. Being a doula is an expansive role and one that can lead to burn out if we don’t care for ourselves, that care begins with honoring our own truths and beliefs and so that is where we will start. My classes are an open and honest environment surrounded with respect and sacredness for everyone in the room. My goal is that you will move forward feeling grounded and ready to serve families. Whether you are healing from your own birth story, have a triumphant birth story, or no birth story at all, I will meet you there. Together we will embrace where you are at and support you as your journey continues to unravel.
After completing the interactive training with me, you will continue the certification process online with Birth Arts International and the support of Global Director, Demetria Clark at no additional cost.
Classes are taught in an intensive style and are offered for birth doula or postpartum doula certification paths.
- Lifetime Certification
- An exclusive online group for BAI students.
- Access to BAI Global Director, Demetria Clark.
- Autonomy to operate your doula business the way you want.
- New content is always being added to the E-learning classroom.
- Flexible schedule fits into your life
Learn more about each option
- Birth Doula Topics
- Comfort measures
- Physiological Birth Process
- Interventions and alternatives
- Roles of a birth doula
- Advocating effectively
- Rebozo & Peanut Ball Use
- Postpartum Doula Topics
- Rebozo support
- Postpartum Mood spectrum
- Roles of a postpartum doula
- Modeling communication
- Creating a care plan
- Supporting the family
- Access Birth Arts International’s E-learning classroom full of curriculum, webinars, and more.
- Connect with BAI students and instructors from around the globe.
- Continued communication with your trainer, Heathir Brown.
- Become certified (after additional assignments) at no extra charge.
- American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology recommend
- World Health Organization recommended
- Decreases the risk of cesarean section.
- Has been found to shorten labor.
- Parent-infant bonding increased
- Birth satisfaction increased
- Breast/Chest feeding is more successful
- Decreases risk for postpartum mood disorder
When Birth & Postpartum are offered you may choose between one or both. The first day is Birth second day is Postpartum.
Most classes are from 9:30am-6pm
Indianapolis, Indiana – April 6-7, 2019 – Birth & Postpartum Doula Intensive – Register Now via Square secure checkout.
Augusta, Georgia – April 27th, 2019 – Postpartum Doula Intensive –Register Now via Square secure checkout.
Dallas, Texas – May 18th, 2019 – Birth Doula Intensive – Register Now via Square secure checkout.
Ft Myers, Florida – May 13th, 2019 – Postpartum Doula Intensive –Register Now via Square secure checkout.
Want a training in your area? Contact me to arrange a doula training in your community.