I am certified as a birth doula and a professional birth doula trainer with Birth Arts International. I uphold their standards of practice. I have been serving the Eugene, Oregon area as a doula for many years. It brings me joy to help growing families bring new life into the world. I have always had a passion for helping others and this fits so well into the work that I do with my birth and postpartum doula clients and the students that I teach. I love guiding families through the birth of a new family member and guiding doulas on a new career journey.
I am constantly seeking knowledge that will benefit my clients and students and continue to stay up to date with the latest research in birth and postpartum practices.
Training and Education
- Birth Arts International – Certified Doula and Trainer
- Spinning Babies Workshop -Gail Tully
- WellMama Volunteer Training (Perinatal Mood Disorders)
- Queer Birth Project LGBTQ Positive Birth & Postpartum Doula Training
- Cultural Competency Training- Shafia Monroe Consulting (Working with Diverse Populations in Maternal and Child Health.)
- Inducing Lactation – Hope Lien (Jumpstart to Breastfeeding in Adoption, Surrogacy and Foster Care.)
- Group and Individual Crisis Intervention – UMBC
- CranioSacral 1 & 2– Upledger Institute
- Midwifery Today Conference 2017 (Carol Gray, Elizabeth Davis, Penny Simpkin, etc)
- Midwifery Today Conference 2013 (Michel Odent, Carol Gautchi, Sister MorningStar, Gail Hart, etc)
- Midwifery Today Conference 2009 (Vicki Penwell, Elizabeth Davis, Angelina Martinez Miranda, etc)
These classes have taught me so much, but I feel that the families I serve teach me the most. Each birth is unique and comes with new understanding. As doulas, we never stop learning.
- Maui Mama, Issue 44, September – October Issue 2016 Five Ways Doulas Improve Birth.
- Midwifery Today, Issue 107, Autumn 2013 The Mythical Expiration Date.
- Midwifery Today, Issue 104, Winter 2012 Supporting Empowered Births.
I provide my birth doula services in the Eugene/Springfield area, and Birth Arts International doula training workshops all over the globe. I am also the co-founder of Blissful Beginnings doula agency in Eugene, Oregon.
When I am not on call for births, I enjoy hiking and hunting mushrooms in the Oregon forest with my husband and two children.
Contact Me if you have any questions